I have been thinking about this topic for a long time. Wondering why we as Christians can't be open and honest with each other about what is going on in our lives. Are we afraid to be vunlerable? Are we afraid someone will see who we REALLY are? Are we afraid someone might criticize us or disagree with us? Do you know what I have to say to that??? WHO CARES! BE HONEST! God has called us to live and worship in 'spirit and in TRUTH.' We ask someone 'how are you?' but, do we REALLY want to know the REAL answer?? Do we have the time to actually listen to the hurt people are going through, do we want to?? We give pat answers to the 'how are you question', but I think we are missing out! I think we are missing out on the chance God put someone in our path to lift us up, or we miss out on lifting someone up. We are here to be here for each other. This is not a 'go it alone' life! There is too much joy and too many blessings in sharing life with each other, yeah, sometimes you have to go through the muck, but think about the beauty on the other side!
So, here it goes. It's time to be honest...
I’ve been really down lately because of my back and actually spent the entire Christmas musical Friday night in the back row, bawling! It was no fun! I’ve just had enough and want to know when my miracle will come. People keep coming up to me and telling me these stories of others who had back issues and then ‘it was a miracle’ they were better….well, where’s mine? Not that I am expecting a miracle, one would be nice, but I’m not expecting one…and it’s not that I don’t believe they happen, they do, I've seen them first hand! I think for some reason God is choosing the long way around for me to teach me something or maybe to teach others something through me…I don’t know why, but for some reason my answer is not ‘no’, just ‘not now.’ That is a hard place to be in. One that really tests your faith! It tests WHO you say you are and WHAT you say you believe in. I do have to admit there have been times I’ve wondered if it is all worth it. Is it worth it to pray to a God that seems not to answer?? The answer to that is a resounding YES!! Even though He may be silent, He is ALWAYS there! He is walking beside me, sometimes carrying me…I may not always see Him or feel Him, but to doubt Him would be the end of ME. You know, I believe God is a God that is big enough to handle our doubt, He knows we’re doubting, we can’t hide that from Him, just be honest and let Him show you Himself, which He will do, in time. So, that is where I am now. Trusting in a God I can’t see or ‘feel’ right now, and knowing that I can have peace and joy even though the situation SUCKS! He is faithful and no matter how hard Satan tries to bring me down, I will come out of this stronger and victorious and will see the blessing in the thorn!!! AMEN!
So, why don't we decide to truly be real with each other? And what better time to do that than Christmas! Declare that GOD is TRULY with us, and that we have the opportunity to be His hands, His feet and His voice to others that are in need and hurting.
By Popular Demand
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment