Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pastel Colors

Well, this April we have seen some very pretty and interesting colors.

The first set of colors we saw were on Caleb's face. His sisters had a brilliant idea to put him in a plastic shopping cart and run around a room to see how fast they could go. The only thing they learned was how far Caleb could fly and what his face would look like when met with a rocking chair at a high speed. We've been on color watch the last few days as we watch his face turn all sorts of pretty colors! Here's hoping they have learned their lesson! (and yes, I realize one day HE will be bigger than them and can get them back, I just don't think THEY have thought of that yet!)





The second set of colors came when we made some Easter egg cookies. The kids had a great time making shortbread cookies and then decorating them with tubes of pastel icing. Thanks to Nene (my sister, Heather) even Caleb gets to enjoy shortbread cookies. She found a fabulous recipe for gluten-free/milk-free shortbread. Caleb not only enjoys making his cookies, but he also enjoys EATING his cookies. I ran out of white flour while making the girls shortbread, but I happened to have some whole-wheat flour in the cupboard, so I used that to finish off the amount I needed. They turned out REALLY good. The girls don't even know there is a healthy aspect to them and you honestly can't even taste it. Yes, I did have one, my FIRST sugary substance in 9 weeks!! (I wanted to make sure they didn't taste like dirt :) )










This last picture is of the kids and their 'shrink wrapped' eggs, for lack of a better word. They had fun making these the other day. I hard boiled the eggs, then the kids put the wrappers on and we dipped them in boiling water and TADA - shrink wrapped eggs. I found these wrappers on the Big Idea website, so Caleb went nuts when he saw the eggs had Bob and Larry on them. They are really cute! I even bought enough so we can do them again next year!



The next blog will have pictures of the kids in their Easter best, if it is EVER warm enough to take them outside to do them...would love an outdoor photo, if not, you'll see my living room floor, again!

No comments: