Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, I got a special Mother's Day treat.  I got to sing with my girls!!
I was quite amazed...the last time Kaitlyn was asked to sing, she said 'NO'.  Which shocked us all...she usually LOVES to sing.  We didn't want to make her do something, at the same time trying to teach her that she's right, you shouldn't sing in church, if you don't want to, it's about honoring God.  So, we were asked to sing yet again.  This time Kaitlyn said, 'YES' and Hannah said, 'NO WAY.'  Well, once Kaitlyn and I started practicing, Hannah changed her mind.  That was fine with me..but, not only did she change her mind, she wanted a solo!!  I again, was shocked!  The girls did a GREAT job!  I was very proud!!  Here is the video of our song:


The Tuesday after Mother's Day our favorite sitter came over so Jeff and I could go out to dinner and a movie.  It was the first time I had been away from my kids since February!!  That is a LONG time and I really needed the time out!!  It was also nice to go out and see and 'adult' movie...the last movie I had seen in the theatre was BOLT!  Yeah, time for a grown-up movie.  So, we went to see 'Star Trek.'  What a GREAT movie!!  It was definitely a nice night out with my best friend!  So, all in all, not a bad Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh Serena, you have a beautiful voice! I remember you singing in high school but you are exceptional as an adult. Too cute with your precious darlings!