Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!




WOW! Where does the time go?? With the craziness of the holidays, I put off this post until I had more time to process what just happened....my daughter turned 10! That's double digits, one 'e' away from TEEN! Six months from YOUTH GROUP!! AH! It is just not possible!! Jeff and I kept telling her that no one in our house was allowed to turn double-digits...to which she replied 'you're double-digits!' :)

All of the sad, sappy mommy stuff aside...there is NO OTHER ten year old anywhere I would rather have as a daughter than my Kaitlyn!

She is so full of kindness, compassion, love, generosity, the list could go on! Last year she had to grow up more than any other 9-year-old should have when she had to help take care of me after my severe back issues. I will always be thankful to her for that, but will always feel a sense of guilt that she lost some of her childhood there. I am trying to help her regain that this year, helping her to relax and just be a kid!

With the holidays and basketball and other things that are keeping us busy, she can't have her normal sleep-over birthday party. So, we have decided to take her and her 3 best friends to Chunky's for dinner and a movie! Thought that might be something special for a special 10-year-old.

Even now, it is so hard for me to write...10! I know, stop being so sappy! :)

I truly am excited for what is to come with Kaitlyn! She is such an amazing young lady and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for her!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY 'BABY' GIRL!!!!!

1 comment:

*Austin Mommy* said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!! I love all the pictures (and you are looking especially fantastic these days!!)! I thought it was so weird when Caleb turned a whole hand full in November - I can't imagine the day when he turns 10! Wow! Time does fly by, doesn't it?! :)