I am truly hoping this will be my last update, that Hannah will improve so much we won't need to update! That is my prayer at least.
We got the blood results this morning...her white blood cell count was normal (HUGE praise!), her overall inflammation count was normal, but her muscular inflammation count was high - the doctor said it was not high enough for her to be concerned (whatever THAT means). So, from what I can gather the infection she has is in the muscles of her foot. We still do not know what kind of infection we are dealing with, but the fact that her white blood cell count is normal is a HUGE thing, so we are taking it one day at a time right now. The option to head to Tufts is still there if things do not improve the Pediatric ID is ready to see her. So, big answers to prayer today! We are hoping and praying the antibiotics will continue to work and the redness and swelling will go away.
Oh, I forgot the best part (not!) of our doctor's visit yesterday...they drew blood, right, well, the doctor found her vein and then LOST IT! So, while the needle was still in her arm she went SEARCHING FOR THE VEIN! She tried to find it (I watched her in horror!) four or five times before she finally found it and got the blood! She now has an enormous bruise on her arm...poor thing has been through SO MUCH in her little life, but she is such a trooper. God really must have amazing plans for her, I am almost convinced she will be a doctor when she grows up!! Only God knows for sure!
By Popular Demand
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment