Well, we are officially done with our 2nd week of school.
I would have to say things are going rather well! I think I was/am a little surprised by that!
Kaitlyn is really coming along in her curriculum, it is really challenging her, which is something she needed. Right now she is working on double-digit multiplication...unfortunately we are learning the hard way that she never really learned her multiplication tables in 3rd grade which is making this a little difficult at times. (she has been caught writing it all out...25*5 to her is 25 + 25 +25, etc...can't do multiplication that way!) We are beefing up the review as division starts next week and as we all know...if you can't multiply, you can't divide!
Hannah is doing SURPRISINGLY well. I was really worried about her. The curriculum I am using has her starting cursive. Now, if any of you have seen Hannah's printing you would know that it is not the most lovely in the world (trying to be nice). She has taken to cursive like a fish to water!! Her cursive is BEAUTIFUL!! After only 2weeks her writing looks like she's been writing in cursive her entire life! (no kidding, I'll have to scan a sheet to prove it!)
Caleb is also enjoying 'school'. I really think he likes being home. He had a rough year in daycare. He is enjoying the time he gets to spend with his sisters and his new toy box that only comes out during school time. There are all kinds of cool things in the box. He has done a couple of pages out of his number book, but doesn't seem interested being able to tell the difference between a 1 and a 2...no big deal, he'll get it! Right now he's just enjoying the company.
By Popular Demand
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment