I told myself I was going to push through the pain to update you on our lives.
These last 2 1/2 weeks have been a real trial and struggle. I have injured my back in a major way...no surgery in my future, yet. It all started with a sneeze...deja vu from when my water broke with Kaitlyn, but with a sneeze came a pop and the most intense pain I have EVER felt. Now, mind you, I have had 3 children and have known pain, but NEVER anything like THIS!!!
A trip to the ER and 2 class 3 narcotics later and I was stuck in bed. Well, the drugs not only took away my pain, but made me quite uneasy, so I stopped those quickly and just went to motrin and call my chiropractor. Well, besides my SI joint being locked out of place my spine is now straight where it is supposed to be curved, my pelvis is curved when it is supposed to be straight, my pelvis is tilted, and my L4 and L5 verts are degenerating! I am only 30, soon to be 31 years old and my back is giving out on me. The doctor said to expect it to take 4 to six 6 weeks until we are out of CRISIS MODE and can start my recovery!!!
I am 2 1/2 weeks in and still in pain. I cannot sit for any length of time. I went out to dinner with the girls for my mental sanity, but set myself back 3 days as far as my pain goes.
Have you ever tried to care for 3 kids from bed?? Have you ever had to look at your 2 year old crying and knowing you cannot pick him up to console him?? Have you ever had to homeschool 2 kids from your bed??
We have NO family around so it has been such a struggle to keep things going. Jeff goes in to work when he can and comes running home when the pain gets to be too much for me to handle. The house is disgusting, there's no time for Jeff to clean it between taking care of the kids and learning how to cook. At some point we just said 'forget it' when it comes to the house. The only way it's going to get clean is when my back gets better or by some miracle we win the lottery and a housekeeper! (too bad we don't play!)
This is SO hard and all I want is to be better...NOW! I know God has a purpose and a plan for this, but I just don't see it. Although we have seen that HE knew what He was doing b/c we certainly could not have afforeded to send the kids to school if I was out on disability...and how long would a company REALLY keep my job for me if there is NO WAY to know WHEN I would be coming back??
Well, must go lay down again, but if you think of it, pray for us! We could really use God's touch -- for healing, for mental clarity, for my emotional state, for family togetherness...for God to really use this time to bring us closer, not only to Him, but to each other.
By Popular Demand
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment