Well, as it stands my kids are STILL horrified of Halloween. All of the spooky things send them running for the nearest rock to hide under. So, we generally take them to the church Fall Festival so they can have some dress-up fun, then on Halloween we head to Pastor Geoff's house and the Scalera's house for some non-scary fun. This year the girls wanted to hand out candy and actually this is the first year since we moved to our house we actually have KIDS on our street besides our own. So, I agreed. But, they didn't just want to hand out candy, they wanted to be a witness, so they found a neat poem and made little pumpkin buckets with a poem about being a light for Christ. I was very proud of them! Unfortunately, only one little girl came to the door...they were very excited to hand her a bucket with candy, but they were a little disappointed they didn't get to hand out all of the buckets. Still, I told them God was proud of them and so were we! Our little missionaries have decided that Pike ST is their mission field...HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!? and I wonder, what would happen if we all took their initative -- the desire to win their street for Christ? What would the world look like?? I wonder if that is why Christ said we need to come as little children...they get it, fully and completely and don't care what anyone else thinks! What would happen if we had the same conviction? I believe we could change the world, one neighbor at a time! I am just glad I get to go along with my children for the ride!
By Popular Demand
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment