Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spontaneous?!?!?


Spontaneous?? Jeff and Serena??? UNHEARD OF!!
We are NOT spontaneous people. We don't usually do things unless they are planned in advance and on the calendar. Probably because we are always so busy.
So, having a Sunday where there was nothing to do!?!?! That too is unheard of!
Jeff was admiring the beautiful day and the refreshing breeze and announced it would be a perfect day to fly his kite. Well, why fly a kite here in Nashua, that would be boring! Why not drive to Portland, ME and head to Portland Head Light to fly the kite in one of the most picturesque spots! So, off we went...although, I did protest! I am not a big fan of driving long distances, but I agreed and off we went.

The kids had never been to Portland Head Light and they had never flown Jeff's trick kite either. They were SO excited to do both! They loved the views of the ocean, waves, and the lighthouse. Caleb did announce shortly after our arrival 'Ok, enough Sea, let's go!'

We went to the field to fly the kite, throw a football, play some catch, and just have fun. Unfortunately for me, my back does not permit me running around on uneven ground, so I spent my time relaxing on the blanket, enjoying the gorgeous day, and taking pictures of the fun and beauty around me.

The kids had a great time! They loved flying Daddy's kite, playing ball, and just running around like chickens with their heads cut off! Although, even in this fun place, I did have to tell them to stop yelling, only while the wedding was going on!

Being at this beautiful space rekindled my absolute LOVE for photography! I got a lot of amazing pictures of the beautiful creation God made for us! You can't help but worship God for His beauty in a place like this.

All in all it was a great day! Maybe we should be spontaneous more often?!?!? We'll see!
Enjoy the pictures!






1 comment:

Julia said...

That is so beautiful. I'm so going to have to visit you.