Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Recap

It is hard to believe January is almost over!! It's just been one thing after another, one snowstorm after another...and then, here we are, at the end.

Upward basketball started a couple of weeks ago. All 3 kids are playing this year! It's been fun to watch Caleb learn the game. He seems to enjoy it. Daddy was teaching him how to dribble last night, it was pretty cute!! Hannah is really getting better this year. She is making baskets pretty consistently in practice, but gets excited in the games and doesn't get her self set right. But, that's ok, it's still fun to watch and she continues to improve! Kaitlyn is still quite impressive...who knew this was her THING! She is rounding out her skills and does well in each position! She is still a force to be reckoned with on defense...you do NOT want her guarding you!!

I had the privilege this month of speaking at our Women's Ministry night. It was a great night with the ladies of our church! I was nervous speaking and sharing such a sensitive and personal subject, but God in His infinite wisdom knew it needed to be shared, knew who was going to be there, and knew what my testimony would mean to others. I've had over a dozen women e-mail me and tell me what a blessing it was to hear what God had done and how they really needed to hear what I had to say because they are in the same place. Hearing my testimony gave them hope that they too could be released and free from the hold Satan had on their minds. I was shocked. I knew God redeemed those broken places in our lives, I had seen it happen for others, but never for myself. I was so overwhelmed that He would use me and my brokenness to speak to others. It was a true blessing.

We are looking forward to more fun and apparently, more snow!!!

Enjoy some pictures of the last few weeks!!







No comments: