Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!!



We had another wonderful family get-together for Christmas! My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother-in-law, and niece came up to spend the Christmas holiday with us! We had a great time, despite both Mom and Dad being sick with the flu...which the graciously left for us :)

The kids enjoyed having family around, playing games, going to church, playing in the snow, opening their gifts, celebrating Jesus' birthday, celebrating Kaitlyn's birthday, seeing friends, and ringing in the new year.

While the whole crew was here we got family portraits done again. This time we had a friend of ours from college come to the house and take the pictures. She did a FABULOUS job!! I can't wait to share them all with you!! If you're in the area and you're looking for someone to take some great pictures check out www.simplymella.com . You will NOT be disappointed!

During the festivities we also celebrated Kaitlyn's 11th birthday! It is so hard to believe she is 11! She is such an amazing young lady. We couldn't be more proud to be her parents! This coming weekend I will be taking Kaitlyn and 3 of her friends out for a special birthday dinner. It's getter harder to figure out 'parties' for her, especially around the holiday...maybe we'll do some sort of fun thing this summer as a 1/2 birthday celebration, no presents, just a fun time for her with a bunch of her friends.

Then came ringing in the new year! 2011! Now, THAT's hard to believe! How did we celebrate?? Well, Jeff and I had been sick the 2 days before with the flu. Just when we started feeling better and just as the new year was approaching, Caleb got sick! Then, Kaitlyn joined him, then Hannah followed a couple of days later! What a way to begin the new year. I just keep thinking, the only place to go from here is up! :)

As I have been looking back over 2010 I can't help but see a reoccurring theme...the goodness of God! It was everywhere in our family this year. In each and every memory and moment from 2010 I can't help but see the goodness of God and see His hand working in and through us! It gives me such hope for this new year. God has promised never to leave us or forsake us, so, if I saw His hand and goodness in 2010, I am guaranteed to see His hand and goodness in 2011. Now, when you think about life that way, you can't help but be excited for a new year!! May God Bless you and your families this coming year. May YOU see His hand and His goodness in your life this year!

No comments: